Parade Entry Guidelines
General Guidelines • All entries must complete an application and liability waiver to participate in the parade.
• The Driver/ 1 Float Representative must attend at least 1 of the 2 MANDATORY Drivers meetings at the Mt. Juliet Community Center prior to the parade date. Meetings will be on Thursday Dec. 9th at 6:30pm & Friday Dec. 10th at 6:30pm.
• There must be a minimum of 12 inch rails on trailers (floats) including the back of the float.
• Before being placed in the parade route there will be a CHECK POINT, if your float does NOT meet the rules and regulations you will be turned to the left and circle back around.
• At the end of the parade, there will be 3 drop-off locations, before participants can off load the vehicle/float must come to a complete stop and engines turned-off before offloading the float participants.
• The individual who completes this parade application is responsible for their group’s participants.
• Transportation to and from the staging and pick up location is the responsibility of the participants.
• All entries must promote the parade theme ”A Patriotic Christmas"
• Parade Line-Up will be on first in, first out basis and will start at 7:30 AM. Line-Up will end at 9:30 AM. All floats must be ready by 10 AM for judging. We will give 3 awards: The Rowan Ace Frensley Award for Best Overall, Best Commercial and Best Non- Commercial Floats.
• All drivers must attend the Driver’s Safety Meeting on Thursday Dec. 9th or Friday Dec. 10th. If not, participants will NOT be allowed to participate in the parade.
• During Parade Line-Up ONLY the vehicle pulling the float will be allowed in staging area. NO EXTRA VEHICLES!
• Drivers MUST stay with their floats at all times. Leaving a float/vehicle unattended is strictly prohibited.
• Parade float and entries shall have a banner that identifies the group or organization.
• All pulled float trailers must be a minimum of 12 feet in length. Smaller trailers will not be allowed.
• All participants/entries must have a float due to the length of the parade route.
• Walkers are limited to 20 participants per float/entry.
• Absolutely NO stopping for dancing or distribution of any kind along the parade route.
• All participants/entries must remain moving in a forward motion with the parade during the whole event.
• No Santa’s or full Santa costumes. Our real Santa would be very jealous.
• Parade participants must be dressed in holiday, festive attire.
• Candy may be passed out by parade participants, and should be tossed as close to the curb as possible, so children are NOT tempted to run in the street
• Parade will go on rain or shine.
• Beginning at 10:45am on parade day, there will be a moment of silence in honoring the memory of Rowen Ace Frensley.
• Portable Toilet facilities will be available for individuals at staging location.
Vehicle Entry Guidelines
- Vehicle entries are restricted to convertibles (five years old or newer), antique/classic cars (manufactured before 1990), or noticeably unique vehicles.
- Photo required with application.
- Corporate vehicles are not permitted unless they meet the above criteria.
- Vehicle entries do not require an identification banner, but should be decorated with a holiday spirit. Vehicles should be driven in a safe manner and adhere to Tennessee State Law (TCA).
Float Entry Guidelines
- Line-Up will be on first in, first out basis and will start at 7:30 AM. Line-Up will end at 9:30 AM.
- During Parade Line-Up ONLY the vehicle pulling the float will be allowed in staging area. NO EXTRA VEHICLES!
- Drivers MUST stay with their floats at all times. Leaving a float/vehicle unattended is strictly prohibited.
- Parade float and entries shall have a banner that identifies the group or organization.
Misc. Element EntriesAll entrants are HIGHLY encouraged to have a float or vehicle as described above. However, groups will be permitted without a float. Examples of other permitted entries: football teams or cheer leading squads accompanied by a pickup truck, semi-trucks,
- All participants/entries must have a vehicle due to the length of the parade route.
- All parade vehicles must be CLEAN, in good running condition, and no older than ten years.
- Photo of vehicle required with application.
- Vehicle MUST have an identifying banner for your organization.
- Vehicles that fail to meet these standards are subject to immediate removal from the parade.
- Vehicles should be driven in a safe manner and adhere to Tennessee State Law (TCA)
PARADE STAGING DROP-OFF
PARADE STAGING DROP-OFF – Mt. Juliet League (10835 Lebanon Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122)
All participants and floats should arrive at the staging area between 7:00 AM – 10:00AM. If you arrive past 10:00 AM, you will not be allowed to participate in the parade. Floats will enter at the side street beside Publix and El Comal off of HWY 70/ Lebanon Rd.
PARADE END PICK-UP
PARADE END PICK-UP – 1. The Lot beside Local Joe's Restaurant 2. MJ Chamber of Commerce (2055 N. Mt. Juliet Rd. Mt. Juliet, TN 37122) 3. The Fellowship Ministries (490 Industrial Dr. Mt. Juliet, TN 37122)
All participants and floats will end the parade on East Division Street. You will have 3 pick-up locations for all parade participants. 1. The Lot beside Local Joe's Restaurant 2. Mt. Juliet Chamber of Commerce and 3. The Fellowship off of Industrial Drive.