Living in Mt Juliet
Mt Juliet is one of Tennessee's fastest growing communities and with our award winning schools, proximity to top-notch healthcare, low property taxes and diverse cultural & entertainment offerings, Mt Juliet has much to offer. What sets Mt Juliet apart from other cities? The PEOPLE! Residents of Mt Juliet provide a warm friendly environment, we take pride in our community, we support local businesses, and we work together to make our community stand apart from the rest.
- Mt Juliet has one of the lowest property taxes in the state at $0.165 per $100 assessment (city) $2.5704 (County)
- State sales tax is 5% on food and food ingredients; 7% on all other tangible personal property unless specifically exempted. Local sales tax rate is 2.25%.
- Incorporated about four decades ago, our infrastructure is new and improving daily.
- No state income tax in the state of Tennessee
- Our population was over 31,000 people from the 2018 Special Census
- In 2015, Mt Juliet had a per capita income of $31,830 with the state average at $24,811
- In 2016, the median income per household is $77,965
- Wilson County is one of the state's top five most affluent counties, and has the 2nd highest median income in the State of Tennessee
- Wilson County is the 49th fastest growing county in the U.S.
- The average home sales price in Jan. 2018 was $318,911.
- The average days a home was on the market was 30.
- Average high temperature is 69.6 degrees and the average low is 45.1 degrees Fahrenheit
For more information about Mt Juliet visit our "visitors" page on our website